DELTA®-FM is specifically designed for floor applications to combat dampness and contamination. The special low stud profile (4.5mm) minimises changes in floor levels but still provides an air gap to achieve damp pressure equalisation.
The membrane is a fast-track application that allows various floor finishes to be achieved with zero ‘down time’. The % R.H. levels are isolated in the air gap, and controlled. DELTA®-FM can be used in new build, remedial or refurbishment projects for floors, and walls.
DELTA®-FM can also be used in conjunction with Thermal installation, sound insulation and many types of underfloor heating systems.
Delta®-FM is used as damp-proofing on floors above ground, in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background. It can support a screed or flooring, in the following situations:
- in conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the floors have a high salt content, and/or it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- over floors which have a friable or painted surface, are contaminated (eg with oil or mould), or have a high salt content
- as a dampproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration.
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- an underfloor damp-proof membrane
Delta FM Key Factors
Resistance to water and water vapour — the product is water resistant and has a high resistance to water vapour transmission.
Resistance to salt transfer — the product provides an effective barrier to the transmission of salts or other contaminants from the substrate.
Resistance to puncture, impact and loading — the membrane has a high resistance to puncture and will not be damaged by normal foot traffic during installation, or while laying concrete, or screeding. It can support the long-term loadings likely to be experienced in service without undue deformation.
Durability — under normal conditions of use the system will provide an effective barrier to the transmission of salts, liquid water and water vapour for the life of the structure in which it is incorporated.
- Extremely high compression strength > 700 kN/m²
- Durable, puncture & impact resistant
- Resistance to water, water vapour & salt transfer
- Suitable for floors
Model: DEFM/40 SKU DEFM/40 Manufacturer Delta Membranes Packaging: Individually Size 2mts x 20mts (40m²) Coverage 40m² CE Mark EN 13967 BBA Certificate Certification No: 00/3742
Approved by the British Board of Agreement
Country of Manufacture: Germany
Delta FM Data Sheet (885.9 KB)